Join the Board of Directors for Family Promise of Montgomery County
Are you passionate about ending homelessness and want to make a difference in your community? Consider becoming a volunteer board member for Family Promise of Montgomery County!
Our mission is to serve homeless families with children by uniting faith communities in a cooperative effort to provide shelter, meals, transportation, and compassionate assistance leading to independence.
Our vision is to alleviate homelessness for families with children in Montgomery County, Texas. We believe strong families build strong communities and our goal is to strengthen families and enable them to become self-sufficient and stable.
To be a successful board member, we're looking for individuals who possess the following qualifications:
1. Commitment: Our board members must be committed to our mission and willing to dedicate time, energy, and resources to support our organization and its goals.
2. Leadership: We're seeking individuals who are natural leaders, who can inspire others, and who can help guide our organization to achieve its full potential.
3. Professionalism: Board members must be professional in their conduct and maintain the highest standards of ethical behavior.
4. Diversity: We believe that a diverse board is a strong board, and we welcome individuals from all backgrounds and experiences to apply.
5. Expertise: We value board members who bring a wide range of skills and experiences to our organization, including expertise in areas such as fundraising, marketing, finance, legal, or community outreach.
6. Time Commitment: Board meetings are conducted once a month at the FPMC facility in Conroe, Texas, and last about 2 hours. Board members are expected to attend fund raising events (4-6 per year) which may include evenings or weekends. In addition, each Board Member is responsible for providing guidance on one volunteer committee, which is an additional 1-2 hours a month depending on the committee goals.
7. We require that all FPMC Board Members live in Montgomery County, Texas. Please do not apply if you do not meet this requirement as your application will not be considered.
If you possess these qualifications and are interested in joining our board, we encourage you to apply using the form below. Together, we can make a lasting impact on the lives of families in need in Montgomery County.
Board Member Application