Bed Race Information
Family Promise of Montgomery County
2019 Bed Races
Saturday, October 5th
Lone Star College-Montgomery Campus
Join Family Promise of Montgomery County Bed Races to help end childhood homelessness!
Bed Race Schedule
7:30am – Bed Drop Off and Check In
8:30am – Bed Judging
9:15am – Parade of Beds
9:30am – Race Heats Begin
11:30am – Closing Ceremonies and Awards
Rules and Guidelines
1. Five (5) people per team. Substitutions not allowed during race. The bed must be constructed in a fashion that all pushers must be able to see the course in front of the bed.
2. One member (at least 100 lbs) must be riding on the bed for the entire race. All four pushers must be in contact with the bed when crossing the finish line to qualify.
3. All bed costs are borne by entrants. This includes entry fee.
4. The use of alcoholic beverages or illegal drugs prohibited.
5. Failure to report for bed inspection prior to race time will mean disqualification and forfeiture of entry fee.
6. Every team member MUST sign a race waiver.
7. The two (2) fastest Teams from each category will race for 1st & 2nd places in their categories. Fastest category time from the finals will become the overall winner.
Bed Construction Guidelines:
1. Bed must be at least a twin size mattress or larger. Bed must not be higher than 8 feet.
2. Beds must have box springs or mattress (no air mattress)
3. Push bars (handles) are allowed, but may not extend more than 16 inches away from the bed frame. They must be designed for safety with no sharp or jagged edges allowed.
4. Beds must have four wheels (4 inch minimum). All four wheels must have contact on the ground at the finish line. All wheels must be load-bearing but do not have to be the same size.
5. Steering mechanisms may be used. No bed may have motorized or mechanical means of motion. All means of motion shall be limited to race team members.
*Parents of YOUTH TEAMS must sign release and waiver forms*
**All registration forms and team fees MUST be received by Family Promise no later than Monday, October 1st in order to participate in actual race.**
***NO RACE DAY REGISTRATIONS***
WHAT IS YOUR FUNDRAISING GOAL?
We are hoping to raise $30,000. With your support, these funds will go directly to the children and their families being served by Family Promise of Montgomery County.
WHERE WILL THE BED RACE BE HELD?
In downtown Conroe at Heritage Park.
CAN I REGISTER NOW AND ADD MY TEAM MEMBERS LATER?
Yes, please be sure to have all team member registration forms completed and returned to Family Promise by Monday, October 1st.
WHERE CAN I MAIL MY PAYMENT?
Please make checks payable to FAMILY PROMISE. Mail to: PO Box 692, Conroe, TX 77305.
IF SOMETHING CHANGES, ARE REFUNDS AVAILABLE?
This is event is rain or shine. All registrations are final, refunds will not be given.
CAN WE SWITCH TEAM MEMBERS FOR OUR SECOND RACE?
There will only be one race. Each team is given an opportunity to race and the fastest time per category will be considered the winner.
CAN WE RACE IN OTHER CATEGORIES THOUGH WE WILL HAVE MINORS ON OUR TEAM?
There are five members to a team, if minors (age 12-17) make up the majority of your team; your team will be considered a Youth Team.