2018 Bed Race Information
Family Promise of Montgomery County’s
2018 Bed Races
Saturday, October 6th at Heritage Park in Downtown Conroe, Texas
Join Family Promise of Montgomery County’s 2018 Bed Races to help end childhood homelessness!
Bed Race Schedule
7:00am – Bed Drop Off and Check In
8:00am – Bed Judging
9:15am – Parade of Beds
9:30am – Race Heats Begin
11:30am – Closing Ceremonies and Awards
Rules and Guidelines
1. Five (5) people per team. Substitutions not allowed during race. The bed must be constructed in a fashion that all pushers must be able to see the course in front of the bed.
2. One member (at least 100 lbs) must be riding on the bed for the entire race. All four pushers must be in contact with the bed when crossing the finish line to qualify.
3. All bed costs are borne by entrants. This includes entry fee.
4. The use of alcoholic beverages or illegal drugs prohibited.
5. Failure to report for bed inspection prior to race time will mean disqualification and forfeiture of entry fee.
6. Every team member MUST sign a race waiver.
7. The two (2) fastest Teams from each category will race for 1st & 2nd places in their categories. Fastest category time from the finals will become the overall winner.
Bed Construction Guidelines:
1. Bed must be at least a twin size mattress or larger. Bed must not be higher than 8 feet.
2. Beds must have box springs or mattress (no air mattress)
3. Push bars (handles) are allowed, but may not extend more than 16 inches away from the bed frame. They must be designed for safety with no sharp or jagged edges allowed.
4. Beds must have four wheels (4 inch minimum). All four wheels must have contact on the ground at the finish line. All wheels must be load-bearing but do not have to be the same size.
5. Steering mechanisms may be used. No bed may have motorized or mechanical means of motion. All means of motion shall be limited to race team members.
*Parents of YOUTH TEAMS must sign release and waiver forms*
**All registration forms and team fees MUST be received by Family Promise no later than Monday, October 1st in order to participate in actual race.**
***NO RACE DAY REGISTRATIONS***