Family Promise works closely with families to resolve all the obstacles they need to overcome to return to independence and self-sufficiency. After a needs assessment, families are connected to the appropriate resources available in Montgomery County.
Each day, for those client families without a vehicle, the Family Promise van will be used to transport them from the host congregation to The Day Center and back to the church in the evening. There, in addition to working with Executive Director on the aspects mentioned above, the families may leave for work or school or pursue job and/or housing searches.
- Career and Education Counseling
- Case Management
- Gas vouchers
- Car repairs
- Clothing vouchers
- Child care assistance
- Life Management Skills classes
- Money management & budgeting counseling
- Referral to transitional housing assistance
- Furniture donations
- Additional services and referrals as needed/available