After the initial contact with a family is made, the Family Promise staff will conduct a telephone interview. Following this, the family is invited to come in for a face-to-face interview. If the family agrees to abide by the rules and guidelines set in place by Family Promise, they are admitted into the program.
Families who wish to enter our program must meet the following criteria:
- The program is designed for adults with children under 18 years of age.
- No untreated or serious mental illness
- No serious criminal history
- Must have been clean and sober for the past 30 days
- Must not be fleeing domestic violence
- Must pose no threat to other Family Promise families or volunteers
- Must be willing to follow Family Promise “Client Guidelines”